According to the regulations for NRIs trading or investing in the stock market in India, one needs NRI Trading and Demat accounts. Read more about the Demat account for NRI and Trading account for NRIs.
Welcome to the NRI FAQ section of our website! We understand that being a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) comes with its own set of questions and uncertainties. To provide you with clarity and guidance, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions along with their answers. Let's delve into the most common queries that NRIs often have:
Please note that the answers provided here are for general informational purposes only and may be subject to change based on the latest regulations and guidelines. For specific and personalized advice, we recommend consulting with our experts or relevant authorities.
If you are an NRI, you can't use the regular resident Trading and Demat accounts to invest. This article provides the details of opening NRI accounts with KBSIL. KBSIL allows only offline account opening processes for its NRI clients. Steps to open NRI Trading and Demat account
1. NRI Trading and Demat Account Opening Form
(please check sample form for your reference), need to be duly filled and signed.
2. Common Email and Phone Number Declaration Forms (only for applicable clients)
3. NRO Investment Proof / NRE PIS approval letter from a respective bank
4. NRE / NRO saving bank account proof (cancelled personalized cheque and latest statement)
5. PIO / OCI card copy, if the place of birth is not India
6. Passport arrival page copy (if in India)
7. Copy of PAN Card
8. Passport and Visa (photo page, address page, and recent arrival stamp page)
9. Foreign address proof (any one of the following):
10.Indian address proof (Anyone of the following)
KBSIL KYC Department
KBS India Limited
106 / 108, Jaihind Building, 1st Floor,
Nagindas Master Road,
Fort, Mumbai – 400 001.
In case of queries or to know the status of your account opening form, please mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
In-person verification is required for the verification of documents. Please note below details:
1. Client outside India – you need to give all proofs duly attested by yourself and either by the Indian embassy / consulate general / overseas notary / overseas banker to the effect that “They have been verified with originals”
2. Client in India – A self-attested arrival copy and IPV required (Authorized by Sub-Broker or any nearby branch person of KBSIL)
At www.kbs.co.in, we are committed to providing you with reliable and up-to-date information to support your stock trading journey as an NRI. We aim to empower you with the knowledge and tools needed to make informed decisions and achieve your financial goals. If you have any specific questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Happy trading!
Investors should immediately update their brokers when their residential status changes. Ignoring it, will lead to concerns about PAN numbers, tax treatment, and Fund settlement.